The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
Welcome to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock IBD Center
Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are chronic inflammatory bowel diseases that affect over one million people in the United States. The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only center in Northern New England exclusively dedicated to the care of patients with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory bowel diseases. At our Center, we follow over 2,000 patients with IBD.
Our providers have extensive experience using both standard and cutting edge therapies. We aim to fine-tune medical therapies to get the most benefit possible to improve the quality of life of our patients. Our surgeons are skilled in the advanced techniques required to care specifically for patients with IBD.
Quality of Care
In collaboration with The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, the Dartmouth-Hitchcock IBD Center is leading a national effort to improve the quality of care delivered to all patients with IBD. By measuring what we do well and identifying where we can do better, our goal of this patient-centered program is to improve the quality of life for everyone affected by IBD.
- Office consultation
- Infusion therapy
- Upper endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Wireless capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Chromoendoscopy for colon cancer surveillance
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery
- Dietitian counseling
- Psychosocial support services
Collaboration with your Doctor
If you have been referred by your primary care physician or gastroenterologist, we will be happy to work with them in any way that you find most helpful.
We have active research protocols for both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, allowing patients access to exciting new options for treatment. In addition, our researchers are funded by The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, National Institutes of Health and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to help further our understanding of IBD and its treatment. See a list of available clinical trials.
Our partnership with The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation provides our patients with multiple opportunities for support. This includes our annual patient education program that brings together our IBD Center team for an update and review of the most important topics in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Are you a Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Member?
If you aren’t currently a member, we encourage you to become one. By becoming a member, you can connect with over 50,000 other members who are also living with IBD. Plus, you will have access to research, education, and support tools available only through the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation. We can provide information for you during your appointment or you can visit their web site at www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org for more details.
We are proud of the comprehensive care we offer to our patients. Our team includes gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, a dedicated nursing staff with an IBD nurse practitioner and wound ostomy continence nurses, and research and quality coordinators. Our group has become an efficient team to help in every aspect of patient care, support and research. We meet weekly to review new developments in IBD care and collaboratively review individual patient treatment plans and progress.
- Corey A. Siegel, MD
- Steve P. Bensen, MD
- Siddhartha Parker, MD
- L. Campbell Levy, MD
- Lauren K. Tormey, MD
Other Team Members
- Stephanie L. Beibel, RN - Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse
- Damara J. Crate, RN - Research and Quality Nurse Coordinator
- Connie Dragnev, APRN, MSN - Nurse Practitioner
- Avery Hoppa, RN - Nurse
- Crystal Houston - IBD Patient Coordinator
- Catherine Giguere-Rich, CNSC - Nutrition
- Jenna Koliani-Pace, MD - IBD Fellow
- Tracy Peterson, RN - Nurse
- Jessica K. Salwen-Deremer, PhD
- Alison J. Scully, RN - Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse
- Kimberly D. Thompson, MS - Research Coordinator
- Jennifer Walker, MSN, APRN - Colorectal Surgery Nurse Practitioner
How to Reach Us
Our team is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Here is a quick reference list of phone contact numbers:
- IBD Scheduling: (603) 650-5261
- IBD Nurses: (603) 650-5261
- Medication Refills: (603) 653-9464
- Medication Prior Authorizations: (603) 653-9449
- Medical Infusion: (603) 650-6365
- Colorectal Surgery: (603) 650-8113
- Research: (603) 653-3605
After 5:00 pm, please call the gastroenterologist on call at (603) 650-5000.
- Our Team
- Other Team Members
- Treatments and Services
- Centers of Excellence
- Patient Stories
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Appointments and Referrals