We recommend annual pelvic and breast exams for all women over the age of 21. If you are over 45, you may wish to read more about exams and menopause.
Your annual exam may include:
- Pap smear: Recommended for all women over the age of 21.
- Breast exam: Regular breast exams can sometimes detect early breast cancer. We recommend a yearly mammogram for all women over the age of 50. If you are between the ages of 40 and 50, ask your healthcare provider how often you should have a mammogram. Learn how to perform your own breast self-exam.
- Pelvic exam: Your doctor or nurse practitioner will use a speculum to look at your cervix and vaginal canal, and he or she will feel your ovaries and uterus to make sure they are healthy.
- Blood or urine tests: We can screen for high cholesterol, protein or sugar imbalances, and other issues.
- Information: You can discuss birth control, sexual health, domestic violence, or any other issues with your doctor or nurse practitioner.
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Annual Exams and Pap Smears
- Family Planning
- Sexual Health
- Vulvar Clinic
- Gynecology Gender Clinic
- Infections and Pelvic Pain
- Menstrual Problems
- Procedures and Surgeries
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information