Annual Exams and Pap Smears
We recommend annual pelvic and breast exams for all women over the age of 21.
At your annual exam, you will be checked for:
- Signs of breast and cervical cancer
- Signs of vaginal infections
- Signs of other health problems
You may also request birth control, or discuss other issues, such as menopause, with your health care provider during your annual exam.
All women who are over the age of 21, or who have been sexually active for at least three years, should have a regular Pap smear screening. A Pap smear is a sample of cells taken from the surface of the cervix.
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Annual Exams and Pap Smears
- Family Planning
- Sexual Health
- Vulvar Clinic
- Gynecology Gender Clinic
- Infections and Pelvic Pain
- Menstrual Problems
- Procedures and Surgeries
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information