There are many forms of birth control, both prescription and over-the-counter. There are benefits and some risks to all methods, and their effectiveness varies, so talk with your health care provider about which method is best for you.
The following table provides an overview of many of the available contraceptive options and their effectiveness. To learn more about an option, click its name or image.
In addition to these birth control options, we provide support and medical care for the following options:
- Injectables (e.g., Depo-Provera®)
- Hormone Pills
- Hormone patches and Rings (e.g., NuvaRing®)
- Least Effective
- Female or male condoms
- Fertility awareness-based methods (e.g., rhythm method)
Birth Control Methods RSS Feed
RSS Feed from Bedsider.org
Note: View this RSS Feed using your preferred feed reader.
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Annual Exams and Pap Smears
- Family Planning
- Sexual Health
- Vulvar Clinic
- Gynecology Gender Clinic
- Infections and Pelvic Pain
- Menstrual Problems
- Procedures and Surgeries
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information