Exams and Menopause
If you are undergoing menopause (usually between the ages of 45 and 55), or have gone through menopause, the following things are recommended in addition to a regular annual exam.
- Regular colorectal cancer screenings (colonoscopies), every 5-10 years
- Mammograms every year for all women over the age of 50. If you are between the ages of 40 and 50, ask your health care provider how often you should have a mammogram.
- A glucose test every three years after age 45
- A cholesterol test every five years after age 45
- Flu vaccine yearly, and tetanus-diphtheria booster every 10 years
- A discussion of menopause treatments such as hormone replacement therapy