Electronic fetal monitoring curriculum
Electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) is at the heart of nearly half of all obstetric malpractice cases in this country. The Obstetric Safety Initiative is making available a course specifically designed to improve care and reduce claims. Uniform, verifiable EFM education and training for all your obstetric staff is essential.
- Creating Safer Perinatal Departments in Hospitals (PDF)
- Advanced Fetal Assessment and Monitoring Course (PDF)
This online course is offered by Advanced Practice Strategies, LLC, with Healthstream, Inc. To participate contact us.
Drills and simulation curriculum
- Plans are underway for an organized program of drills, simulation and team training for obstetric nurses, midwives and doctors.
- Many in our region use the CHaD Resource Card. We are developing a similar "Obstetric Resource Card" for providers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions or requests for content.
- Recurrent Obstetric Management Mistakes Identified by Simulation: The results of a training program at the Israeli Center for Medical Simulation
- Emergency Cesarean Section and Simulation: In 2003, the Northern New England Perinatal Quality Improvement Network developed an approach to improving emergency cesarean deliveries.
Regional obstetric RN orientation curriculum
We are looking for a few good nurses to lead this project. Contact us for more information.