- Safety Self-Assessment: The first step in creating a safety initiative is analyzing the procedures and guidelines that you use now.
- Planning Your First Steps Forward: Tools that will help you create an effective safety program
- Vocabulary Exercise: Make sure all clinicians are on the same page and know the same terminology.
Strategies for creating an effective obstetric patient safety program
Depending on available time and resources, you have many options.
- Step 1: These strategies will take your time but incur little or no costs.
- Step 2. These strategies require time, planning, expertise, collaboration and some funds.
- Step 3. These strategies require careful consensus building and will incur regular costs.
For more information on the Obstetric Safety Initiative, or to offer suggestions for this site, contact us.