The Vascular Medicine program provides care for patients with diseases of blood vessels, including arterial, venous and lymphatic disorders.
Our experienced and nationally acclaimed specialists in vascular medicine work in a multidisciplinary manner with vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, and other specialists in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heart and Vascular Center to evaluate and treat vascular diseases, such as:
- Aortic diseases, including aortic aneurysm and aortic dissection
- Aneurysms and dissections in other arteries
- Carotid artery disease
- Compression syndromes, including thoracic outlet syndrome, May-Thurner syndrome, nutcracker syndrome, and others
- Connective tissue disorders, such as Marfan Syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Loeys-Dietz syndrome, and others
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Fibromuscular dysplasia
- Hypercoagulable disorders
- Mesenteric stenosis
- Peripheral artery disease
- Raynaud's phenomenon
- Renal artery stenosis
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection
- Vasculitis, such as giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis
- Venous insufficiency
Our program also collaborates with The Preventive Cardiology & Lipid Clinic and others to identify and treat conditions that put you at risk for atherosclerosis, such as hypertension, dyslipidemia (high cholesterol), diabetes.
Services you can receive from our program
- Comprehensive vascular evaluation including a complete medical history and physical examination.
- Longitudinal medical management for your vascular disease including risk factor modification and other evidence based medical therapies.
- Referral for smoking cessation, nutritional counseling, and exercise rehabilitation.
- Preoperative cardiovascular risk assessment prior to vascular surgery.
- Laboratory / imaging studies when appropriate, including noninvasive vascular examination, vascular ultrasound, computed tomography angiography (CTA) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
- Referral for endovascular intervention or vascular surgery when indicated by your condition.
- Our Team
- Treatments and Services
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program
- Anticoagulation Services
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Heart Failure, Cardiomyopathy & Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Interventional Cardiology & Structural Heart Disease Program
- The Preventive Cardiology & Lipid Clinic
- Sports Cardiology
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Vascular Medicine
- Comprehensive Aortic Program
- Vascular Surgery
- Patient Support and Education
- Patient Stories and Heart Health Tips
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Appointments and Referrals