Family HIV Program
We provide care for adults in Bedford, Lebanon, Nashua, and Keene, New Hampshire. One of our providers also sees patients in Brattleboro, Vermont. For more information on our locations, see Appointments and Referrals.
Our team consists of Infectious Disease physicians, nurse clinicians who specialize in HIV, social workers and mental health professionals, and dietary services. We provide HIV specialty care and primary care, medical case management, medication adherence counseling, HIV prevention services, mental health care, nutrition assessments, access to clinical trials, and peer support. A full range of referral services within Dartmouth-Hitchock or to community providers are also available.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Family HIV Program, established in 1995, serves women, children, youth, and families infected with, affected by and at risk for HIV in Vermont and New Hampshire. We are committed to supporting local providers so that you and your family get the best care possible, both at Dartmouth-Hitchcock and in the larger community.
- Primary care for you and support for other primary care providers throughout New Hampshire and Vermont
- Specialty care provided by a team that includes pediatric and adult infectious disease physicians, nurse case managers, dietitians, and other specialists at Dartmouth-Hitchcock and throughout our clinic system
- Perinatal outreach to pregnant women who are HIV-positive, as well as care and early testing for HIV-exposed newborns up to six months of age
- Case management by a nurse case manager includes coordination with other providers, community education, group support programs, and home visits
- Mental health counseling for individuals, families, and groups
- Educational programs for patients, their families, healthcare providers, schools, and communities
- Advocacy for children, youth, women and families on local and national levels
This program is supported by the HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration, Department of Health and Human Resources.