We have two chambers available where you are able to lie down comfortably.
Preparing for treatment
- Avoid using deodorants, hairsprays and ointments before treatment.
- Remove hearing aids, dentures, hard contact lenses, wigs, retainers, removable dental partials, and jewelry before entering the chamber.
- You will wear 100% cotton scrubs we supply while you are in the chamber.
- If you have a cold or the flu you may not be treated in the chamber that day.
- During your treatment you will lie on a padded stretcher in the hyperbaric chamber.
- We will provide pillows and blankets to make you as comfortable as possible while in the chamber.
- The therapy does not hurt. You feel as if you are breathing normal air. The only way you would know the pressure is changing is by a popping feeling in your ears, similar to what you might feel in a descending airplane. We are committed to making your treatment as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
- The average treatment time from start to finish may be up to two hours.
- You can listen to music or perhaps enjoy a video or TV show. Many patients choose to listen to a book on tape while in the chamber.
- A hyperbaric specialist will be interacting with you all the time during treatment, answering your questions and monitoring your treatment.
During your course of therapy
- We will be very involved with both you and your physician during your course of therapy.
- In general, most patients receive therapy five days a week for several weeks. This will vary according to your specific needs.
- We recommend that you take vitamin E daily.
- If you are a wound care patient, we will also instruct you about the types of dressings and ointments that can be used during your course of therapy.