We treat pituitary dysfunction, including conditions such as:
- Diabetes Insipidus: Caused by the inability of the kidneys to conserve water, which leads to frequent urination and pronounced thirst.
- Growth Hormone Deficiency: A disorder involving abnormally short stature with normal body proportions.
- Hypogonadism: When a man's testes fail to produce normal levels of the male sex hormone, testosterone
- Hypothyroidism: A condition in which the thyroid gland produces fewer hormones than the body needs.
- Hypoadrenalism (Addison's Disease): A hormone deficiency (not enough hormone) caused by damage to the outer layer of the adrenal gland. For more information, refer to the Addison's Disease topic on our Dartmouth-Hitchcock Healthwise® Health Encyclopedia website.