Giving Birth at DHMC
The staff of the Birthing Pavilion at DHMC would like to welcome all expecting mothers. Our team is here to make you feel safe, supported and right at home.
The Birthing Pavilion at DHMC offers a comfortable, private, and calm place to give birth. You will stay in the same room for your entire childbirth experience, from the moment you arrive through labor, birth, and recovery.
- Our nurses will form a team with your obstetrician, midwife, or Family Medicine provider to make sure your labor and delivery are as comfortable as possible.
- The Birthing Pavilion includes two operating rooms for planned and unplanned cesarean (also known as C-section) births. Doctors and anesthesiologists are also available at all times.
- The nurses in our Lactation Clinic can answer any concerns you may have about breastfeeding.
We give tours every Monday at 3:00 p.m. from the nurses' station in the Birthing Pavilion. Call (603) 650-7281 for more information, or to set up a personal tour. Tours are also included as part of our childbirth classes.
Each of our 18 rooms has plenty of space for rocking, sleeping, eating, and getting to know your new baby. Each room includes a private bathroom with tub and shower, a flat-screen TV and DVD player, and a table and chair for meals. A family member may stay overnight on the fold-out bed in your room.
We will make every effort to give you a private room, especially during labor. Occasionally, we do need to double up because patients are referred to us from other hospitals, but this situation is rare. We only double up as a last resort and will try to find you a private room as soon as possible. If you are placed in a double room, we will be unable to allow visitors to stay overnight.
DHMC Receives Baby-Friendly Designation
DHMC has been recognized as a Baby-Friendly® birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).
The initiative encourages and recognizes hospitals and birthing centers that offer an optimal level of care for breastfeeding mothers and their babies. There are more than 20,000 designated Baby-Friendly hospitals and birth centers worldwide and 142 active Baby-Friendly hospitals and birth centers in the United States.
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling
- High Risk Pregnancy/Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Giving Birth
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information