The Mom's Place at Catholic Medical Center
The Mom’s Place environment
- 16 large suites, each designed differently and all with the look and feel of a bed and breakfast
- Each suite has a private bathroom and a deep whirlpool tub or spacious standup shower with seat.
- Suite amenities include cable television, high-speed Internet access, a daybed for overnight guests, a rocker, recliner, fridge, and microwave.
- A Baby Lounge with the latest security helps to protect your baby and has a system in place to ensure your privacy.
- A family room for your guests to wait is provided if you need temporary privacy and a special room for adoptive moms and dads.
Special Care Nursery
The Mom's Place at Catholic Medical Center recently opened a Special Care Nursery designed specifically for infants who are born as early as 32 weeks and need a little extra time to grow.
This is the first program of its kind in New England and is based on a model of Neonatal Couplet Care developed in Sweden. The program is designed to minimize separation between parents and baby, encourage bonding and attachment and give parents greater confidence in assuming their role as primary caregivers when it's time to go home.
Babies up to eight weeks premature at The Mom’s Place will be stabilized in the birthing room and returned to mom within minutes of delivery, attached to monitoring and respiratory equipment as needed. Mom and baby are transferred to one of the Special Care Nursery’s four family care rooms, where mom receives her postpartum care while her baby receives specialized care. An experienced team of neonatologists and pediatricians from the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD) will provide medical care and oversee the sophisticated monitoring equipment and life-saving support systems.
If a baby is born before 32 weeks or requires additional attention based on a specific condition or illness, the Special Care Nursery includes a stabilization room with 24 hour ventilator support and preparation for transfer to a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit if needed.
Babies who need to be transferred to a tertiary care center will have the option of going to CHaD at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, or to the hospital of their choice.
For more information or to schedule a personal tour, call (603) 663-6667.
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling
- High Risk Pregnancy/Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Giving Birth
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information