Breastfeeding and the Lactation Clinic
All of our staff understand that breastfeeding is important to families, and are eager to support your decision to breastfeed.
During your stay, our nurses and lactation consultants can answer your questions and help you:
- Learn how to breastfeed comfortably
- Gain confidence
- Learn the signs that tell you that your baby is eating well
After going home with your baby, you may come back to meet with a lactation consultant if needed.
- Call the Lactation Clinic at (603) 650-6159 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Our lactation consultants will collaborate with your and/or your baby's care providers as needed.
- We are available for telephone consultation for breastfeeding issues.
- We are happy to discuss your breastfeeding issues, and we can provide you with support and community resources.
- La Leche League
- The Women's Health Resource Center at DHMC offers classes, resources, and support groups for pregnancy, parenthood, breastfeeding and pumping. Call (603) 650-2600, weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Your local Women, Infants and Children (WIC) office
- Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley is a free program that pairs trained volunteers with families of newborns. Volunteers offer respite child care, light chores, links to community resources, or grownup conversation! Call (603) 298-9524.
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling
- High Risk Pregnancy/Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Giving Birth
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information