Labor and Delivery
If you think you might be in labor, call your prenatal care team. The doctor or midwife on duty will decide whether you should meet him or her at their office, or go directly to the hospital.
When to call
- Painful contractions or abdominal cramps occur less than five minutes apart for one hour.
- Your water has broken (membranes have ruptured) in either a gush or small leakages
- The baby's movements don't feel normal
- You have had direct trauma to your abdomen (fall, accident or impact)
- If you've had any of these symptoms
- Visual disturbances, spots before your eyes, or blurred vision
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling
- High Risk Pregnancy/Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Giving Birth
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information