Joint Replacement Program
The Joint Replacement Program at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH performs over 1,100 surgeries every year to help relieve chronic pain or a condition in the joints.
We see the most challenging cases in the state of New Hampshire because we are the state’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and tertiary referral center. Plus, our patients tell us through our hip and knee satisfaction surveys that they are happy with their healthcare experience. We offer total joint replacements as well as minimally-invasive or muscle-sparing surgery (including the anterior approach for hip replacement), partial joint replacement, resurfacing, and non-surgical options. See our full set of treatment options for joint pain.
Aetna Institute of Quality® Orthopedic Care Facility
Aetna recognizes hospitals and facilities in its network that offer specialized clinical services for certain health conditions. Facilities are selected for consistently delivering evidence-based, safe care. Learn more about this designation.
When you choose DHMC to help you with joint pain, you can trust in our experience. We offer:
- A shared decision making approach to patient care: you and your surgeon will work together to decide what the right options are to get you better, faster; ultimately, the decision on a treatment option is yours to make
- A comprehensive total joint program that includes extensive pre-operative evaluation and physical and occupational therapy evaluations
- Extensive, trained, dedicated team of providers all focused on you, including surgeons, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical and occupational therapists, social workers, and nurses
- One-on-one nursing support: you'll have a specific name and number of a nurse to call anytime throughout your journey who knows and understands your situation
- A personalized education program for joint replacement including a live class, DVD, and educational binder
- The knowledge and research background that only a nationally-ranked academic medical center can offer; we treat the most complex joint issues and traumatic injuries in our region so we have the experience to help you, no matter what you may be experiencing
We're seeing an interesting shift in the age range of patients who experience joint pain – active yet aging baby boomers are often seen in our clinics. They all have the same need – to get back to the activities they enjoy without the fear of pain. Our team understands this and we share your goal to get back to your work and life. Check out our patient stories to see how we've helped others get back to the passions in their life.
Location: The Joint Replacement Program is located at DHMC in Lebanon, in the Orthopaedic clinic area on the third floor, at Reception 3A, 3C, and 3D – your appointment letter will tell you to which reception area you should go.
Clinic Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Referrals: Appointments for the Joint Replacement Program are welcomed from both patients and referring physicians. Patients and referring providers can call our call center at (603) 650-5133 for referrals and appointments.
- Why Choose Dartmouth-Hitchcock Orthopaedics?
- Common Conditions and Treatments
- Classes and Support Groups
- Patient Stories
- Clinical Trials
- The Crutch Program
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information