How to Safely Wear a Face Mask
How to put on a mask
1. Select the right mask—adult or child (age 12 and under).
2. For disposable mask, place the colored side facing out with the nose wire at the top.
3. Place the mask completely over your nose and mouth. If your mask has a wire nose piece, gently form it into a U shape and make sure it is snug on the bridge of your nose.
4. If your mask has expandable folds, separate them to fit the bottom of the mask under your chin.
5. Loop ties around your ears then gently press the nose wire again over nose and cheekbones to make sure it is tight across your face and tucked under your chin.
Wash and sanitize your hands
Wash and sanitize your hands before putting on your face covering.
Cover your nose and mouth
Always place the mask over your nose and mouth completely and secure it under your chin. Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face.
Make sure you can breathe easily after fitting your mask to your face.
- Information about COVID-19
- D-HH is Open, Safe and Here for You
- Visitors to D-HH Facilities
- How to Safely Wear a Face Mask
- Self-Quarantine vs. Self-Isolation
- Recovery Webinar Series
- Mental Health Webinar Series
- COVID-19 Testing Information
- Pregnancy and Breast Milk
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Community and Employee Relief Funds
- Recent News Updates
- COVID-19 FAQs
- Additional References
- Information in Other Languages
- D-HH Heroes