Find D-H, local and national resources to help you learn more about the dangers of vaping, learn how to talk to teens about vaping, and get help quitting vaping or smoking.
- No Safe Vape: Facts and Myths - Watch the November 22, 2019, Facebook Live video with CHaD Pediatric Pulmonologist Brian O’Sullivan, MD; NCCC Tobacco Treatment Specialist Kate McNally; and local high school student Emily Galeva; moderated by CHaD's Dr. Keith Loud.
- Quitting Smoking Information - Get information on quitting smoking, including articles, smoking cessation materials, podcasts, website and helplines.
- Tobacco Dependence Clinic - We have tobacco dependence clinics at Cheshire Medical Center in Keene, NH, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.
- Why are Teen Turning to E-Cigarettes - Read an article by Dr. Samir S. Soneji.
- Electronic Nicotine Delivery System: An Update - Watch the October 17, 2019, Nursing Grand Rounds with Andrea Christian, MSN, RN-BC, NCTTP Tobacco Treatment Coordinator and Alexandra Fannin, APRN, NP-C, NCTTP Thoracic Surgery Nurse Practitioner Tobacco Treatment Specialist.
- Breathe New Hampshire
Facts, events and resources related to lung health, including tobacco use prevention
- Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco-Free Community
One-on-one counseling and support groups on the first Wednesday of the month
- Good Neighbor Health Clinic
One-on-one counseling. All ages and incomes eligible
- Mt. Ascutney Hospital Tobacco Cessation Program
- Parent Up VT
Tools and information to help parents talk to their teens about substance abuse and other challenges
- Quit Now New Hampshire
1-800 QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Trained counselors and resources for New Hampshire residents
- Rutland Community Health Team
One-on-one phone counseling Group classes
- VA Hospital
- Vermont Quit Line - 802Quits
1-800 Quit-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Free tools and support for Vermont residents ages 13 and older
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Facts about electronic cigarettes, their health effects and the risks of using e-cigarettes
- Freedom from Smoking - A free 24-hour smoking cessation program available on the Internet through the American Lung Association
- National Network of Tobacco Cessation Quitlines - 1-800-Quit Now (800) 784-8669 - A single access point to the National Network of Tobacco Cessation Quitlines. Callers are automatically routed to a state-run quitline, if one exists in their area. If there is no state-run quitline; callers are routed to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) quitline.
- Quitnet.com - Online program to help smokers kick their nicotine addiction
- Smokefree.gov - Tools and information to help teens quit vaping
- Still Blowing Smoke - Articles about smoking, vaping, and big tobacco from California's Tobacco Control Program
- Truth - Facts and resources about smoking and vaping
- The Truth Initiative: This is Quitting - Free mobile program designed to help young people quite vaping
- Vaping: Know the Facts toolkit - A toolkit for parents, teachers, school administrators and teens from the Addiction Policy Forum