Cosmetic surgery procedures may be performed in our office (when using a local anesthetic), in our main operating room at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC), at the Outpatient Surgery Center, or at our office in Manchester, NH.
Most procedures are considered "same day surgery" with no overnight stay required. Your surgeon will discuss with you whether or not hospitalization is required. Please refer to our Cosmetic Surgery FAQ to learn more.
We would be happy to meet with you to discuss your goals. To schedule a consultation, please contact us today.
Body contouring procedures
- Abdominoplasty and panniculectomy: Both of these procedures remove excess lower belly skin. Abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, removes skin and provides contouring effects to enhance muscles and waistline. It is more of a cosmetic procedure. Panniuculetomy focuses on removing excess skin, primarily after a large weight loss when the skin removal is a medical necessity.
- Arm lift: An arm lift reduces excess sagging skin and tightens the underlying supportive tissue that defines the upper arm.
- Breast augmentation: This involves using breast implants or fat transfer to change the shape and size of a patient's breasts. This procedure can restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy, achieve a more rounded breast shape or improve natural breast size asymmetry.
- Breast reduction: Breast reduction helps a patient achieve a breast size more in proportion with their body. It eases discomfort associated with excessively large breasts. Patients with overly large, heavy breasts may experience physical discomfort. The pain can make it challenging for some patients to perform common physical activities. Some patients may also suffer from emotional distress or other mental health problems.
- Gynecomastia correction: Enlarged breasts in men can be corrected through medication or surgery.
- Thigh lift: Thigh lifts can help reshape legs, resulting in smoother skin and improved proportions. It is not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat.
- Blepharoplasty (eyelids): Bags under the eyes, loose skin that makes it hard to see, drooping lower eyelids and bags under the eyes are among the conditions commonly repaired through plastic surgery. Procedures can be performed on both the upper and lower eyelid.
- Brow lift: A brow lift, or forehead lift, reduces forehead wrinkles and puts the eyebrows in a more alert position. It also reduces wrinkles on the bridge of the nose and frown lines.
- Chin augmentation: Chins can be modified by either plastic surgery or by changing the jawbone. Plastic surgery is generally done on the lower jaw line and chin to improve proportions.
- Ear surgery: If ears are misshapen or out of proportion, they can be corrected through surgery. The surgery, also known as otoplasty, can improve the shape, position and proportion of ears.
- Face lifts: Face lifts repair visible signs of aging in the face and neck, including jowls, double chins, and other sagging skin issues.
Occasionally bone from the back of the jaw is moved forward in an operation called mentoplasty or genioplasty. Your doctor will help you decide on the correct procedure.
- Neck lift: Surgery targeting the neck and jowls is called a neck lift, or lower rhytidectomy. It treats excess fat and skin relaxation in the lower face, loose neck skin, and muscle banding in the neck.
- Nose surgery: Nose surgery, or rhinoplasty, can correct both an imperfectly shaped nose and impaired breathing caused by a deviated septum.
- Botox (dermal fillers): Dermal filler treatments, such as Botox, are used to treat wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. They are also used to provide support and volume around the lips and on the jaw.
- Dermabrasion: A wire brush or diamond wheel is used to remove the top layer of the skin. The new skin that grows back helps repair fine lines around the mouth and acne scars.
- Fat grafting: This process means moving fat from one part of the body to another. It is regularly used as a way to improve the appearance of the face, breasts, hands, feet, hips and buttocks.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Wrinkles, sun spots, scars, warts and birthmarks are among the conditions that can be repaired by laser skin resurfacing. The extremely precise treatment removes unwanted skin one layer at a time.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can slim and shape the body, including the legs, waist, back, face, and chest. It's not a treatment for obesity or cellulite.
- Scar revision: There are several options to repair scars, including topical treatments, minimally invasive procedures, and in-depth surgical revision. These can improve a scar that has healed poorly, but scars cannot be completely erased.