Medication-responsive psychiatric conditions
Knowledge in our field is expanding at a rapid rate allowing psychiatry to offer more and more research-supported options for people experiencing psychiatric difficulties. In particular, many more medications are available and more is known about their potential benefits and risks.
Treatment begins with a comprehensive evaluation
Since different treatments work for different conditions, effective care begins with a comprehensive evaluation, education about treatment options, and a shared decision-making process to decide together on the optimal path to follow. More information is available about what to expect when you come in for outpatient care.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock has a team of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, and training psychiatrists who offer psychopharmacologic consultation and treatment. We offer psychopharmacology services to adults in our Psychopharmacology Clinics, Neuropsychiatry Service, Anxiety Disorders Service, Mood Disorders Service, and our Geriatric Psychiatry Service.
- Services at DHMC
- Crisis and Consultation Services
- Substance Use Intensive Outpatient Program
- Moms in Recovery
- Inpatient Services
- Adult Outpatient Services
- Mood Disorders Service
- Child & Adolescent Outpatient Services
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Facts About Mental Health Problems and Their Treatment
- What to Expect When You Come in For Outpatient Care
- More Appointment Information
- Services at NH Hospital
- Services at WRJ Veterans Administration
- Services at West Central Behavioral Health
- Glossary of Terms
- Research & Clinical Trials
- Our Team