Pulmonary Function Testing Lab (PFT)
The Pulmonary Section at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon operates a PFT Lab on level 5 in the main building of the hospital nearby to the Pulmonary Outpatient Clinic. In 2014 the lab performed an average of over 4,500 inpatient and outpatient tests. The visit durations range from 30 minutes to 120 minutes depending on the type of test being performed.
Please review the testing information for a more in depth review of what to expect for each specific test. We have three rooms used to complete tests as well as three full-time technicians. Our hours of operation are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please call the Pulmonary Schedulers office at (603) 650-5533, option 1 if you would like to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions.
- Home Lung Function Test (Dartmouth-Hitchcock Healthwise® Health Encyclopedia article)
- Lung Function Tests (Dartmouth-Hitchcock Healthwise Health Encyclopedia article)
- Bronchial Inhalation Challenge Test (PDF)
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (PDF)
- Exercise Induced Asthma Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (PDF)