Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program (DHMC)
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Cardiovascular Medicine, Pulmonology, Rehabilitation Medicine, and Department of Respiratory Care have worked together to develop a comprehensive Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
Pulmonary rehabilitation consists of an individualized exercise program and educational classes for individuals with respiratory disorders, such as COPD, asthma, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis.
People who have completed this program have been extremely positive about their experience and the improvements they have made.
Goals of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- To decrease and manage respiratory symptoms
- Increase the ability to do everyday activities
- Identify and modify respiratory risk factors
- Promote and improve cardiopulmonary fitness
- Three sessions per week for 8 weeks depending on individual needs
- Schedule: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 1:00-3:00pm
- Location: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Cardiac Rehab gym, Level 4A
- 10-12 individuals per class
- Insurance coverage: covered by most third party payers including Medicare
- Participating Services:
- Respiratory Care
- Exercise Specialist
- Occupational Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Care Management
- Phone: (603) 650-5861
- Email: Heidi.A.Pelchat@hitchcock.org