The mission of this institution’s Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) plan is to protect the rights and welfare of subjects involved in human research.
Dartmouth Health HRPP (IRB) transition overview
Dartmouth Health and Dartmouth College are in the process of transitioning oversight of active human research studies from the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects (CPHS) to Dartmouth Health's newly established Institutional Review Board (IRB). The goal of this transition is to streamline clinical research operations, from submission through study activation, and provide a more seamless integration with Dartmouth Health research systems.
Our institutions are collaborating to ensure a smooth transition of active human research studies to Dartmouth Health for HRPP (IRB) review. In support of this transition, Dartmouth Health is establishing a Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB), which includes:
- Developing policies and procedures
- Implementing an electronic HRPP (IRB) submission system
- Recruiting and hiring experienced HRPP (IRB) staff
- Establishing an HRPP (IRB)
Dartmouth Health and Dartmouth College agreed to extend the existing Memorandum of Understanding allowing Dartmouth Health to rely on the College for IRB oversight of all Dartmouth Health studies until June 30, 2019.
We are in the process of developing a reciprocal agreement between Dartmouth College and Dartmouth Health, which will enable our institutions to rely on one another for the oversight of human research studies as of July 1, 2019 and beyond.
Important transition dates
- June 28, 2019, 5:00 pm – RAPPORT system will be unavailable
- June 28 to June 30, 2019 – Copy existing Dartmouth Health HRPP (IRB) data in RAPPORT system and move to the Dartmouth Health HRPP (IRB) system
- July 1, 2019 - Dartmouth Health HRPP (IRB) system launch