Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Crispy Kale
Service size: 1 cup
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 large sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped (approximately 6 cups)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Optional spices: red pepper flakes, chili powder, chopped herbs or minced garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice potatoes into small cubes. Toss with olive oil, spice, salt and pepper.
- Place kale and sweet potatoes on separate trays. Roast kale for 10 minutes until kale is crispy, and the potatoes for 20 minutes, tossing every 3 to 5 minutes until the potatoes are tender and slightly browned.
- Place the sweet potatoes around the edge of the plate and fill the center with the kale.
- Substitute different vegetables for roasting based on what is in season, on sale or what your family likes.
- Use roasted vegetables in salads, frittatas, rice or whole grain pasta.
Nutrition: Calories 168.5, Total Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 610.1 mg, Total Carbohydrates 17.3 g, Dietary Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 2.7 g.
Download a PDF version of this recipe here.
Find more family-friendly recipes and healthy eating tips in the Cooking Up Health section of D-H Health + Wellness.