Here’s an idea for your next gathering with family and friends, create a harvest board filled with fresh vegetables, nuts and fruit and serve it with a White Bean Dip and Homemade Ranch Dressing.
White Bean Dip
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parsley in the bowl of the food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer puree to a small bowl.
Servings (per recipe): 6 ½ cups
Nutritional (per serving): Total Fat: 11.9 g, Cholesterol: 0.0 mg, Sodium: 353.7 mg, Total Carbs: 12.0 g, Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g, Protein: 4.2 g
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all spices together.
- Measure one and a half teaspoons of mixed spices and whisk into yogurt.
- Transfer dressing to a small bowl.
Servings (per recipe): 6, (per serving): 1 tablespoon
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 31.7, Total Fat: 0.8 g, Cholesterol: 5.8 mg, Sodium: 120.6 mg, Total Carbs: 2.4 g, Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g, Protein: 3.7 g
Arrange the Harvest Board
- Start at the center with red grapes.
- Place the bowls filled with the White Bean Dip and the Homemade Ranch Dressing on the board.
- Add pickled beets stuffed in a bell pepper.
- Add pitted olives
- Add handfuls of:
- Cauliflower florets
- Broccoli florets
- Mini sweet peppers
- A seeded pomegranate in a half pomegranate
- Whole radishes
- Rainbow mini carrots
- Sliced pears
- Sliced apples
- Cherry tomatoes
- Roasted cashews
- Low-fat cheddar cheese slices
- Very dark chocolate squares
- Chocolate covered almonds
- Add a few sprigs of parsley, rosemary or any additional herbs like thyme or oregano to finish.
Dip and dressing recipes provided by Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Culinary Medicine Program.
Harvest platter and video produced by Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Creative Video Productions team.