Brussels Sprouts Salad
Brussels sprouts are the smallest member of the cabbage family but pack a powerful, nutritional punch. Rich in fiber, vitamins and cancer fighting properties, Brussels sprouts will help you feel full and satisfied. If they are not available, replace with green or red cabbage.
Makes: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shaved or thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cup mint leaves, chopped
- Toast slivered almonds in single layer on baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine scallions, apple, Brussels sprouts, almonds and raisins in a bowl.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients and toss with salad ingredients.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 206.9, Total Fat 14.6 g, Protein 5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 118.7 mg, Total Carbohydrates 18.5 g, Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
Find more recipes and healthy eating tips in the Cooking Up Health section of D-H Health and Wellness.