Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Blueberry Ginger Vinaigrette
Servings: 6, 1 cup
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- 6 cups greens
- 6 wedges cantaloupe (grilled, cut into 1/2 “chunks)
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint – chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ fresh ginger (1” piece, peeled, grated)
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Clean your grill grates to remove any chaired food or ash before grilling fruit.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat, about 450-500 degrees. The goal is to grill at 400 degrees.
- Brush the grate with either vegetable or canola oil.
- Lay the skinned and sliced cantaloupe down on the hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes. Use a grill spatula to flip each wedge and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes, until cantaloupe is softened with grill marks. If you like a little more bite to your melon, keep grill time to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool enough to touch.
- Layer greens on a serving platter. Arrange cantaloupe and blueberries on top. Sprinkle pecans and goat cheese on top.
- Make the vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. There will likely be pieces of blueberry skin visible.
- Pour dressing over salad or serve on the side. Store extra dressing in the fridge for up three days and shake well before serving.
Tips: No time to heat up the grill? Save time by using fresh cantaloupe instead of grilled. Also, choose any seasonal berry for budget-friendly alternatives.
Baby kale or arugula work great with this salad. If you prefer something milder, spinach or romaine will also work.
Calories: 227.4; Total Fat: 17.2 g; Cholesterol: 4.2 mg; Sodium: 43.7 mg; Total Carbs: 18.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g; Protein: 3.2 g
1 serving of cantaloupe, 1 cup melon balls, will provide 100% of your daily Vitamin C requirements.