125th Anniversary of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
May 3, 2018, marks the 125th anniversary of the opening of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital in Hanover, NH, which is now part of Dartmouth-Hitchcock. These many years later, Dartmouth-Hitchcock continues the tradition of caring for those across New Hampshire and Vermont. To celebrate this important milestone all are invited to participate in two events to be held at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) to "Honor Our Past; and Embrace Our Future:"
Thursday, May 3: Anniversary Day
12 to 1 pm
Main Rotunda, Level 3, DHMC
There will be a presentation by James W. Varnum, former president of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital including the viewing of a special 125th anniversary video. Refreshments and entertainment will be provided.
Sunday, May 6: Hospital Day: Celebrating 125 Years of Caring
1 to 3 pm
Auditoria A through D, Fuller Board Room and area by Main Rotunda, Level 3, DHMC
Activities that day will include:
- Guest speakers: Anne-Lee Verville, chair, Dartmouth-Hitchcock and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Boards of Trustees; James W. Varnum, former Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital president; Dr. Joanne Conroy, CEO and president, Dartmouth-Hitchcock and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health
- A Health Fair with health screenings and awareness displays from:
- Stroke (FAST) awareness
- Hands-only CPR
- Colon-rectal screenings
- Dermatology – skin cancer screenings
- Tobacco Cessation
- Injury prevention (CHaD)
- Live Well/Work Well
- Blood Donor Center
- Patient Safety Training Center
- Women’s Health Resource Center
- Aging Resource Center
- A Memory Wall for you to share a favorite memory about the hospital.
- Hospital Days Drive: to pay tribute to the old Hospital Days, where members of the community donated food/goods to the hospital, we will have a food drive to benefit LISTEN Community Services and the Upper Valley Haven.
To learn more about these events and to see a deeper history of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, see 125 Years of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital. Come join in the fun to salute the past and welcome the future of health care at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.