In This Section
White Chicken Chili
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. cilantro chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper sauce
- ¼ tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 11-oz. can white no salt added corn, rinse and drain
- 2 15-16 oz. cans northern beans rinse and drain
- 2 cups chopped boneless chicken breast cooked
- Salsa (for garnish)
- Spray Dutch Oven with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, stirring occasionally until onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; except chicken and salsa verde. Heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, heat until hot.
- Serve with salsa.
Nutrition facts: 248 kcal, 32 g carb, 4 g fat, 21 g protein, 258 mg sodium
Find more recipes and healthy eating tips in the Cooking Up Health section of D-H Health and Wellness News.