Spinach Salad with Blueberries, Goat Cheese, Almonds and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Servings: 8 (2 cups)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 large bag spinach, washed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4-5 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Toast almonds in dry skillet until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes).
- Arrange spinach in a serving bowl or on individual plates.
- Sprinkle with cucumber, blueberries, avocado, almonds and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing.
- Combine vinegar, mustard and honey/syrup in small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
Nutrition (per serving) – 1 cup
Calories 146.9, Total Fat 6.0g, Cholesterol 6.5mg, Sodium 98.6mg, Total Carbs 7.2g, Dietary Fiber 3.4g, Protein 4.6g
Balsamic Dressing – 1 tablespoon
Calories 66.8, Total Fat 7.0g, Cholesterol 0.0mg, Sodium 17.6mg, Total Carbs 1.6g, Dietary Fiber 0.0g, Protein 0.0g