Stories: EducationIn This Section
- Celebrating Black History MonthFebruary 7
During the month of February, we will be sharing stories of African-Americans who have contributed to the field of health care.
- Preventing Tick-borne IllnessesBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | May 21
Deer ticks (also known as Ixodes scapularis) carry more than Lyme disease. There are at least five infections one could get if bitten by a deer tick: Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan disease.
- A Safe and Compassionate PlaceBy Lauren Seidman | December 10
Barb Jones understands that the free programming provided by the Aging Resource Center is a tremendous value to the community, and that private individuals must do their part to see that it continues.
- Orthopaedics Residents Expand Horizons through India-D-H ExchangeBy Bonnie Barber | October 9
A unique exchange program between D-H and Sri Ramachandra Medical Center in Chennai, India, enables DHMC's fourth-year Orthopaedics residents to combine training with humanitarianism.
- Raising Suicide Prevention AwarenessBy Stephen T. Cole, PhD | June 29
Are you struggling with suicidal thoughts or are concerned about a friend or family member? Here is some information and resources that may help.
- Safely Getting Rid of Your Expired and Unwanted MedicationsJune 29
To make it easier to dispose of expired or unwanted medications, our Pharmacy Retail Services has installed medication collection receptacles at their three locations.