Stories: Health and WellnessIn This Section
- Joanne's Journal Digest - October 2020October 20
Alison MacDonald, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health's Government Relations Vice President for Policy and Federal Affairs discusses why your vote matters and where to find information about the candidates seeking election this year.
- COVID-19 and Stroke: It's All about PreventionOctober 20
Two main groups of COVID-19 patients have experienced strokes: people with existing risk factors, including hypertension and diabetes, and relatively healthy, young people with minor COVID-19 symptoms.
- Pumpkin Vegetable SoupBy Heather Wolfe | October 20
Pumpkin, a favorite fall decoration, is a nutritious vegetable rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. It's also a good source of potassium, vitamin E, fiber and many other nutrients.
- Hope for Depression Treatment: Non-invasive TMS Proving EffectiveOctober 20
A breakthrough non-medication treatment for depression, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), has proven effective in half of patients-providing symptomatic relief even when other treatments fail.
- Giving Back to the Medical Community that Helped Save His LifeSeptember 21
Kevin Perron, the owner of Treefort Lifestyles, donated 6,000 medical-grade masks to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in appreciation for the care he was given as an infant.
- Sports Cardiology Clinic Supports the Unique Needs of AthletesSeptember 21
The clinic provides expert cardiovascular care for athletes at all levels of competition-including high school and college athletes, "weekend warriors" and older athletes who participate in competitive or endurance sports.