Stories: Health and WellnessIn This Section
- Making the Kitchen a ClassroomBy Heather Wolfe | April 1
With many families hunkered down at home and children learning remotely, why not turn the kitchen into a classroom.
- Balancing Family Life: Working and Studying Under One RoofBy Shiri Macri, MA, LCMHC | April 1
Here are a few tips to help manage everyone's stress as we get through this challenging time.
- Should My Child Have a Cholesterol Test?March 15
A genetic disorder called "familial hypercholesterolemia," if left untreated, can lead to early heart disease.
- Bringing Hands Only CPR into New Hampshire CommunitiesFebruary 14
The American Heart Association, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health and the NH Department of Education, Bureau of Career Development are working together to bring "Hands Only CPR" training across the state of New Hampshire.
- Exercise After Heart Attack: Establishing a New, Healthy, NormalFebruary 13
Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Cardiac Rehabilitation program helps patients understand how exercise reduces the risk of heart attack and improves overall quality of life.
- High Blood Pressure - the "Silent Killer"February 13
Uncontrolled high blood pressure is often called the "silent killer." Of all the factors contributing to heart disease or a stroke, high blood pressure is number one.