Stories: Research and InnovationIn This Section
- Investments in ResearchMarch 5
Leigh A. Burgess, MHA, MEd, MA, Vice President of the new D-HH Office of Research Operations, shares an update on our operational and administrative research efforts, and outlines the next steps and exciting investments in research.
- Spurring Innovation in Cancer ResearchDecember 10
A gift from the Quinn family launches a new program at Norris Cotton Cancer Center that supports investigators working to transition promising drugs and devices from the laboratory to clinical use.
- The Gift of TimeDecember 10
In recognition of Richard Baughman, MD, and his dedication to patients and research, Dick and Barbara Couch made a $1 million gift to establish the Richard D. Baughman, MD, Scholar Fund.
- Anesthesiology Technique Helps to Eliminate Pain from SurgeryBy Bonnie Barber | September 26
DHMC is one of the few hospitals nationwide using an innovative anesthesiology technique to help eliminate pain from surgery-placing epidurals using fluoroscopic X-ray guidance.
- Weight Loss Study for Seniors Leads to Exercise With FriendsBy Bonnie Barber | August 3
Edwina Brady was impressed by D-H's national research study for seniors, Mobile Obesity Wellness Intervention (MOWI). She lost weight, changed her eating habits and now exercises with her new friends.
- D-H Researchers, Providers to Receive $5.3 Million Award to Study Treatment of Opioid Use Disorders in Pregnant WomenJune 11
The award is to support research on a range of conditions that impose high burdens on patients, caregivers and the health care system.