Stories: Research and InnovationIn This Section
- Researchers Investigate Molecule, VISTA,January 20
A research team led by Dartmouth's Norris Cotton Cancer Center learns how a certain immune checkpoint inhibitor molecule acts like "brakes," quieting the immune system from responding to cancer.
- Scientists Capture for First Time, Light Flashes from Human Eye During RadiotherapyJanuary 20
What are the flashes of light patients report seeing during brain radiotherapy? Dartmouth scientists capture this phenomenon for the first time and provide an explanation.
- New Mechanism May Safely Prevent and Reverse ObesityJanuary 20
Researchers at Dartmouth's Norris Cotton Cancer Center observed that blocking a cellular receptor not only prevented but reversed obesity, with no ill side effects, in mice.
- Promising New Treatments in Headache ManagementSeptember 12
Nasal sprays, nasal powders and a patch are just some of the new therapies and medicines available for treating chronic headaches.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health to Fund $1M Annually for Dedicated Cancer Clinician Research TimeAugust 6
A new program will create dedicated time to assist Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health clinicians in researching causes of and cures for cancer.
- Complex Spinal Surgeries Now Aided by Robotic Surgical SystemAugust 6
The Mazor X System is now making complex spinal surgeries faster and safer at D-H, especially for those who have had more than one back surgery, have spinal deformities or have high body mass indexes.