Stories: Research and InnovationIn This Section
- Anesthesiology Technique Helps to Eliminate Pain from SurgeryBy Bonnie Barber | September 26
DHMC is one of the few hospitals nationwide using an innovative anesthesiology technique to help eliminate pain from surgery-placing epidurals using fluoroscopic X-ray guidance.
- Weight Loss Study for Seniors Leads to Exercise With FriendsBy Bonnie Barber | August 3
Edwina Brady was impressed by D-H's national research study for seniors, Mobile Obesity Wellness Intervention (MOWI). She lost weight, changed her eating habits and now exercises with her new friends.
- D-H Researchers, Providers to Receive $5.3 Million Award to Study Treatment of Opioid Use Disorders in Pregnant WomenJune 11
The award is to support research on a range of conditions that impose high burdens on patients, caregivers and the health care system.
- D-H's Thoracic Robotics Program Grows Under David Finley, MDMarch 6
D-H Chief of Thoracic Surgery Dr. David Finley and his team have built the largest Thoracic Robotics program north of New York City. Finley also directs NCCC's Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program.
- Building the Relationship between Geisel School of Medicine and Dartmouth-HitchcockDecember 7
Teams representing Neurosciences, Cancer Center, TDI, Cardiovascular Health and Children's Health participated in a brainstorming to identify links within new research opportunities.
- Strengthening Our Research MissionDecember 7
As an academic medical center, Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) has a three-pronged mission-patient care, clinical research and education.