Stories: Health and Safety TipsIn This Section
- Changes to Booster Seat RecommendationsDecember 23
Recent concern over when it's safe to use a booster seat is a good reminder to review all the guidelines for child passenger seat safety.
- Hot Cars and Heatstroke - Look before You LockJune 30
Heatstroke is the number one killer of children, outside of car crashes. Safe Kids New Hampshire offers these tips for keeping your child safe in cars during hot weather.
- Celebrate with Fireworks Safely - Be Prepared, Be Safe, Be ResponsibleJune 30
Here are tips for keeping you-and your family-safe during the most popular season for fireworks.
- The Power of Parental CPRJune 8
How many know what to do if their child's heart has stopped from choking, an accidental injury to the chest or from being submerged under water? Knowing how to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), can save their life.
- Accidental Adult Poisonings Increase During COVID-19 PandemicBy Jim Esdon | May 17
Using disinfectant products the wrong way is causing an increase in accidental adult poisonings.
- Heart Health Year-RoundFebruary 13
While February is designated as Heart Month, it's important to take care of your heart all year-round. Here are some tips for doing so from Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Heart & Vascular Center.