Stories: Health and Safety TipsIn This Section
- Sports Injuries: Is Your Child at Risk of Overuse?By Dr. Keith Loud | April 1
The number of sports-related injuries is rising as the number of children who play competitive sports year-round continues to grow.
- Keeping Your Teen's Eyes on the RoadBy Chelsie Mostone | April 1
Here are some tips for helping your teen, and you, to not be distracted while driving.
- Summer Camps for AllApril 1
Children with complex care needs, such as diabetes, heart conditions and neurological issues can see benefits from attending summer camps.
- Providing Outreach and Education to Prevent SuicideBy Lisa Olney | April 1
CHaD's Injury Prevention Center working with other members of the New Hampshire Suicide Prevention Council to address suicide awareness and prevention.
- Keeping Your Family Healthy Throughout the YearBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | March 5
D-H's infectious disease expert Antonia Altomare, DO, MPH, shares important tips to keep yourself and your family healthy throughout the year.
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide PoisoningBy Debra Samaha, MPH, RN | January 29
The Injury Prevention Center at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (ChaD) in partnership with Safe Kids New Hampshire-a coalition led by D-H to keep kids safe-offers these tips to both prevent and identify carbon monoxide in your home.