Stories: Health and Safety TipsIn This Section
- Heart Health Year-RoundFebruary 13
While February is designated as Heart Month, it's important to take care of your heart all year-round. Here are some tips for doing so from Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Heart & Vascular Center.
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide PoisoningBy Debra Samaha, MPH, RN | December 20
The Injury Prevention Center at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (ChaD), in partnership with Safe Kids New Hampshire, offers these tips to both prevent and identify carbon monoxide in your home.
- Water Safety TipsBy Jim Esdon | August 6
As you prepare to enjoy the water this summer, it's important to remember these safety tips to keep you and your family safe.
- Back-to-School Means BackpacksAugust 6
Each year, tens of millions of students in the U.S. use a backpack, but how do you know if your child's backpack is safe?
- Celebrate with Fireworks Safely - Be Prepared, Be Safe, Be ResponsibleJune 26
Here are tips for keeping you-and your family-safe during the most popular season for fireworks.
- Could My Child Have Asthma?By Dr. Marcus Shaker | June 26
Understanding what asthma is and how to manage your child's asthma.