Stories: Health and Safety TipsIn This Section
- Preventing Slips, Trips and FallsBy John Kannis, Jr., MSPH | December 5
Slip, trips and falls are a major cause of injury not only on the job but also at home, out shopping and when doing leisure activities. Here are some tips to prevent injuries from a fall.
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide PoisoningOctober 30
The Injury Prevention Center at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (ChaD) in partnership with Safe Kids New Hampshire-a coalition led by D-H to keep kids safe-offers these tips to both prevent and identify carbon monoxide in your home.
- Water Safety TipsBy Jim Esdon | July 18
As you prepare to enjoy the water this summer, it's important to remember these safety tips to keep you and your family safe.
- Hot Cars and HeatstrokeJune 29
Heatstroke is the number one killer of children, outside of car crashes. Safe Kids New Hampshire offers these tips for keeping your child safe in cars during hot weather.
- Is it Time to Quit?By Lisa Olney | June 29
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center's Comprehensive Tobacco Treatment Program offers support programs to assist you or a loved one in breaking a dependence on tobacco or other nicotine-based products.
- Health & Wellness News: Reading to KidsMarch 23
In this video, learn some tips about reading to your kids.