Stories: Health and Safety TipsIn This Section
- Providing Outreach and Education to Prevent SuicideBy Lisa Olney | April 1
CHaD's Injury Prevention Center working with other members of the New Hampshire Suicide Prevention Council to address suicide awareness and prevention.
- Keeping Your Family Healthy Throughout the YearBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | March 5
D-H's infectious disease expert Antonia Altomare, DO, MPH, shares important tips to keep yourself and your family healthy throughout the year.
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide PoisoningBy Debra Samaha, MPH, RN | January 29
The Injury Prevention Center at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (ChaD) in partnership with Safe Kids New Hampshire-a coalition led by D-H to keep kids safe-offers these tips to both prevent and identify carbon monoxide in your home.
- Healthy Holiday Cooking for FamiliesBy Tara Efstathiou, MS, RD, LD | December 5
Remembering that healthy cooking for your family is important year-round can be a challenge, particularly this time of year.
- Preventing Slips, Trips and FallsBy John Kannis, Jr., MSPH | December 5
Slip, trips and falls are a major cause of injury not only on the job but also at home, out shopping and when doing leisure activities. Here are some tips to prevent injuries from a fall.
- Is it Time to Quit?By Lisa Olney | June 29
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center's Comprehensive Tobacco Treatment Program offers support programs to assist you or a loved one in breaking a dependence on tobacco or other nicotine-based products.