Stories: Heart and VascularIn This Section
- A Heartfelt GiftDecember 10
When Harvey Watson's doctors in Florida declined to treat his heart condition, James DeVries, MD, welcomed him to D-H-and saved his life. Now Harvey and his wife, Lois, have given back in gratitude.
- Understanding Women's Stroke RisksMay 30
Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death among American women-pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health and hormones are all potential contributors.
- The Path to Cardiovascular HealthBy Dr. Mark Creager | April 30
Dr. Mark Creager, the director of Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Heart and Vascular Center, offers these steps that you can take to improve your heart health and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Our Patients. Their Stories. Penelope BennettFebruary 20
Artist Penelope Bennett underwent surgery to repair an ascending aortic aneurysm, and today continues to create work because Dartmouth-Hitchcock saved her life.
- February is Heart Month: Love Your HeartFebruary 16
Dr. Mark Creager, director of Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Heart and Vascular Center offers advice on how to prevent heart disease and improve outcomes.
- Our Patients. Their Stories. Stephen JohnsonFebruary 15
When he had a heart attack, Stephen Johnson, a volunteer firefighter from Barnard, VT, found out how it feels to be on the receiving end of quick, responsive care.