Stories: Mental HealthIn This Section
- September is Suicide Awareness MonthSeptember 20
With so many unknowns still surrounding COVID-19, individuals who already experience anxiety, depression and loneliness are likely to feel these at a higher intensity right now, but mental health issues can be addressed and treated.
- Surviving Stay-at-Home Orders with Young ChildrenMay 19
"Heads Up: Coping through COVID-19" webinar series provides strategies and tips for juggling responsibilities and maintaining health and wellness during this challenging time. This webinar focuses on parents of infants through sixth graders.
- Educating Others about Mental IllnessBy Bonnie Barber | May 6
Raising awareness of mental illness is a personal issue for Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Senior Director of Public Affairs John Broderick.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center To Host "99 Faces" Art ProjectMarch 27
National exhibit works to reduce stigma of mental illness, opens in Lebanon April 1
- Raising Suicide Prevention AwarenessBy Stephen T. Cole, PhD | June 29
Are you struggling with suicidal thoughts or are concerned about a friend or family member? Here is some information and resources that may help.
- Reducing the Stigma of Mental IllnessMay 30
D-H's Senior Director of Public Affairs John Broderick is on a mission to help reduce stigma and raise mental health awareness. So far, he's reached 90 schools and almost 50,000 individuals.