Stories: NewsIn This Section
- Preventing Tick-borne IllnessesBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | May 21
Deer ticks (also known as Ixodes scapularis) carry more than Lyme disease. There are at least five infections one could get if bitten by a deer tick: Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan disease.
- Where Do Prouty Donations Go? Spring, 2019By Lara Stahler | May 16
Studies on post-weight-loss surgery diets, access to health insurance and a particular vitamin's valuable action in cancer treatment are underway thanks to research funds raised at the 36th Prouty.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Breaks Ground on Manchester ExpansionBy Rick Adams | May 14
The new 90,000 square-foot Ambulatory Surgery Center will include state-of-the art operating rooms, including ones dedicated for pediatric patients.
- Advance Care Planning: Letting Others Know Your WishesBy Bonnie Barber | May 6
D-H's Center for Shared Decision Making is celebrating 20 years of providing information and counseling to help patients make health care decisions.
- The Importance of ImmunizationsMay 6
Peter Wright, MD, and Antonia Altomare, DO, MPH, discuss the different immunizations that you and your family need to protect yourselves and help limit the spread of infection.
- Educating Others about Mental IllnessBy Bonnie Barber | May 6
Raising awareness of mental illness is a personal issue for Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Senior Director of Public Affairs John Broderick.