Stories: NursingIn This Section
- Adjusting to Life after StrokeBy Jillian Belmont, APRN | June 2
With strokes being a leading cause of long-term disability and the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S., surviving a stroke is a traumatic and life-altering experience.
- Our Patients. Their Stories. Kelly Laperle, RNMay 9
Kelly Laperle, RN, a nurse in the Hematology-Oncology Suite, shares her story of the care she received as a patient at DHMC.
- Let Others Know the Crucial Role Nurses PlayMay 9
During National Nurses Week-May 6 to 12-Sue Reeves, EdD, RN, CENP, D-HH System Chief Nursing Executive, asks nurses to help inform families, friends, colleagues, communities and legislators about the crucial role nurses play in our health system.
- Colby-Sawyer College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Announce Enhanced Partnerships in Nursing and Health SciencesApril 18
Colby-Sawyer College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH) announced an expansion of their existing partnership, which trains registered nurses, by now exploring additional areas of health sciences education and training.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nurses Win Excellence in Nursing AwardsApril 16
Ericka Bergeron, Paul Hodgdon, Kathleen Broglio, Daniel Moran and Daisy Goodman have won Excellence in Nursing Awards from New Hampshire Magazine.
- Attending to the Needs of Vulnerable PatientsDecember 10
A recent grant from an anonymous family foundation has supported the training, certification and hiring of additional nurses into D-H's sexual assault nurse examiner program (SANE).