Stories: PalliativeIn This Section
- Hands-on Healing Arts Complement Cancer TreatmentBy Lara Stahler | October 17
Reiki and massage are relaxing, non-invasive therapies that studies show can positively impact healing and reduce anxiety, depression, and pain during and after treatment for all types of cancers.
- Helping People Live as Well as They Can for as Long as They CanBy Bonnie Barber | September 26
Dr. Kathy Kirkland and her team are building partnerships within Dartmouth-Hitchcock and with community hospice organizations to provide that "extra layer of support" as patients face the symptoms of serious illnesses.
- Spotlight on New Leaders of the Jack Byrne Center for Palliative & Hospice CareNovember 21
Ruth Thomson, DO, MBA, and Melissa Garland, BSN, RN, explain the care that will be delivered by the Jack Byrne Center staff and why they're excited to lead the team.
- Talented Teen's Donation Is "A Gift of More than Just a Bench"By Bonnie Barber | November 7
St. Johnsbury Academy junior Alexander Laflamme recently donated to the Jack Byrne Center for Palliative & Hospice Care a gorgeous bench he handcrafted in his advanced woodworking class.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Celebrates Dedication of the Jack Byrne Center with Public Events Nov. 3-5October 26
Dartmouth-Hitchcock will celebrate the completion and dedication of its new Jack Byrne Center for Palliative & Hospice Care with public events Friday, Nov. 3 and Sunday, Nov. 5.