Stories: Patient EducationIn This Section
- Raising Suicide Prevention AwarenessBy Stephen T. Cole, PhD | June 29
Are you struggling with suicidal thoughts or are concerned about a friend or family member? Here is some information and resources that may help.
- Safely Getting Rid of Your Expired and Unwanted MedicationsJune 29
To make it easier to dispose of expired or unwanted medications, our Pharmacy Retail Services has installed medication collection receptacles at their three locations.
- Understanding Women's Stroke RisksMay 30
Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death among American women-pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health and hormones are all potential contributors.
- Is it Asthma, Allergies or a Cold?By Dr. Margaret Guill | May 30
Here's some advice from Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock's (CHaD's) pediatric pulmonologist Dr. Margaret Guill on how to tell the source of your child's springtime sniffles.
- The Path to Cardiovascular HealthBy Dr. Mark Creager | April 30
Dr. Mark Creager, the director of Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Heart and Vascular Center, offers these steps that you can take to improve your heart health and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Why Are Teens Turning to E-Cigarettes?By Dr. Samir Soneji | April 30
E-cigarettes can be advertised on television in magazines, at big concert series and music festivals, and sporting events. Kids notice that.