Stories: PhilanthropyIn This Section
- Birthday Wish Spurred Donations for WHRC Diaper BankBy Katelyn Turner | June 19
Emma Kleber decided that instead of receiving presents for her 11th birthday, she would ask her friends and family to donate diapers to the Women's Health Resource Center's Diaper Bank.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Launches the Conaty Institute for Transformational Health Care LeadershipBy Rick Adams | March 27
Board of Trustees member Bill Conaty and his wife, Sue, present an initial gift to D-H to form a new institute dedicated to developing health care leaders.
- Hiking 2,185 Miles for the Hospital that Saved his LifeBy Katelyn Turner | March 2
Nineteen-year-old Jesse Ross, born with persistent pulmonary hypertension, is hiking the 2,185 miles of the Appalachian Trail for CHaD.
- A Gift of Comfort and HealingSeptember 23
When Rebecca Rose Tabat faced incurable cancer, she created Cure with Hope to comfort kids in the hospital. Now her organization has pledged $100,000 to the CHaD inpatient unit revitalization.
- Peak by Peak, Moon to Moon: Hiking NH's 48 4Ks for CancerBy Steve Bjerklie | July 21
Forty-eight NH mountains, each one 4,000 feet or taller, every summit reached between June's and July's full moons, all accomplished by one man to benefit D-H's Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
- Grant to D-H Center for Telehealth will Help Brain Aneurysm PatientsBy Bonnie Barber | May 27
A $150,000 grant to the Center for Telehealth at D-H from the Missy Project will help brain aneurysm patients in northern New England have rapid access to neurovascular specialists.