Stories: StrokeIn This Section
- Understanding MoyamoyaMay 21
Moyamoya is a rare vascular condition of the brain, which results in an increased risk for a stroke called a TIA or aneurysm, which can lead to short-term or permanent brain injury.
- Adjusting to Life after StrokeBy Jillian Belmont, APRN | June 2
With strokes being a leading cause of long-term disability and the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S., surviving a stroke is a traumatic and life-altering experience.
- Our Patients. Their Stories. Samantha HouleBy Bonnie Barber | May 6
Samantha Houle was your typical college sophomore when she had her first stroke in the spring of 2014.
- Transforming Treatment: Understanding and Preventing TIAsBy Jason Johns, PA-C | May 6
Strokes are the leading cause of disability and the fifth leading cause of death in the United States.
- Understanding Women's Stroke RisksMay 30
Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death among American women-pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health and hormones are all potential contributors.