Health Education Center
The Health Education Center is located in Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.
The Center has volunteers available to assist you Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for patients, families, and visitors.
- Find reliable health information and resources.
- Borrow books and videos from the lending library - view the online catalog. (Read the lending policy for more information on borrowing items from the library.)
- Complete your health questionnaire.
- Register for myD-H.
Location and hours
- Location: East Mall, 4th Floor - view a map (PDF)
- Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Health Education Center's lending library includes books and DVDs on a wide variety of health-related topics. The material is current and easy to understand.
- Most of the items in the collection may be checked out by patients and family members, DHMC staff, and the general public.
- A small number of reference books and certain DVDs may only be used in the HEC.
- Two items may be checked out per person at a time.
- Items may be checked out for two weeks. One renewal allowed. Some exceptions are allowable. You can renew your book in person or by phone at (603) 650-8710.
- On request, we will provide you with a Postage Paid return envelope to make borrowing and returns convenient, should you have a long distance to travel or may not return to the hospital for some time.
Contact us at (603) 650-8710.
Advance care directives
Advance care directives are written instructions about your health care wishes. Learn why it is important for you, and your family, to have these documents in your medical record if you have a health crisis that leaves you unable to speak for yourself. It is a gift to your family in a time of crisis and stress.