After a Kidney Transplant
Use the following links to learn more about precautions you need to take after kidney transplant surgery:
In general, you can participate in the activities that you did before your transplant. However, you will need to take some extra precautions.
- At Home
After surgery, you must routinely do some things at home to check for the first signs of any problem.
- Your Medications
The key to the success of your transplant is to take your medications exactly as prescribed.
- Clinic Visits
At these regular visits, you can meet with any member of your transplant team. The visits usually last about thirty minutes.
- About the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Transplant Center
- About Kidney Disease
- About Kidney Transplants
- Becoming a Living Kidney Donor
- Glossary of Transplant Terms
- Orientation and Evaluation Sessions
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Our Team
- Transplant Team Roles
- Appointments and Referrals