Appointments and Referrals
- Phone: (603) 695-2870
- Fax: (603) 640-6832
- Location: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Specialty Care at Bedford Medical Park, 5 Washington Place, Bedford, NH 03110
If you are interested in a consultation but have never been seen in the Weight & Wellness Center, ask your doctor for a referral.
If you are a returning patient, you can use myD-H to communicate securely with our providers, request or change appointments, review your medical record, and more.
For referring physicians
The Weight & Wellness Center is a referral-based specialty clinic seeking to improve the health and wellness of individuals with excess weight and obesity by determining the best treatment plan for each patient and assisting in the facilitation of that plan. We partner closely with patients and their families to develop a tailored approach that meets their particular needs, lifestyle challenges, and health and wellness goals. We also work to identify both underlying causes of obesity and adverse health consequences of obesity.
Because we recognize the importance of integrating care with your patients' medical home, patients must be referred to participate. If you have a patient you would like to refer for consultation by our team, please contact the DHMC Physician Connection Line at 1-866-DHMC-DOC (1-866-346-2362).
- Please use our referral request form to provide additional information.
- For all patients, please indicate location (Lebanon or Manchester) and for pediatric patients, whether hyperlipidemia is a concern.
- Please also provide relevant notes or a care summary, labs, and studies and growth charts.
In the initial phase, the Weight & Wellness Center is designed for patients of all ages with the following criteria:
- Pediatric referrals to the CHaD Pediatric Lipid and Weight Management Center: Children 2-19 years of age with BMI>=95th% and/ or Familial Hyperlipidemia
- Adult referrals to the Weight & Wellness Center for obesity management: BMI >/= 30
- Adults specifically referred for bariatric surgery consideration: BMI > 40 or BMI > 35 with co-morbidities