The Office of Care Management (OCM) provides care coordination for patients in the hospital and clinic, as well as connects hospital staff, providers, and the community with available resources.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
3rd (Main) floor of the Medical Center in the North Mall
Phone: (603) 650-5789
Fax: (603) 650-6392
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Registered nurses coordinate care during the hospital stay, from hospital admission through discharge. They also make arrangements for home care and transfers to other care facilities or hospitals
- Patient relations specialists work closely with all sections of the medical center to assist patients and visitors regarding compliments and complaints about the care they have received. These specialists listen to suggestions to improve services at DHMC and to relay the information to the appropriate areas of the medical center.
- Resource specialists – nurses, social workers, or other healthcare professionals skilled in helping the team – arrange for discharges requiring special equipment or transfers to other facilities, such as admission to a Skilled Nursing Facility. They also help arrange for medication assistance and government programs.
- Social workers help patients and families cope with the impact of illness or injury. They may help by arranging for financial and legal help, by providing grief counseling, and by referring patients to resources available in their home town. Social workers cover both inpatient and outpatient services and one is on call evenings and weekends.
- Continuing care managers - registered nurses or social workers - coordinate care for patients who have complex medical and social needs and who are getting their care as outpatients.
For more information, see the following pages:
- Advance Care Planning
- Assistance Paying for Medications
- Hospital Care Coordination & Discharge Planning
- Interpreting Services
- Lifeline Personal Response Services
- Patient & Family Relations
Resources in the community
We also offer a list of resources available in the community. See Community Resources.