Allergy and Clinical Immunology
An allergy is an overreaction by your body's immune system to something that is usually considered harmless. Your allergic response may involve sneezing, itching, nasal dripping, swelling, coughing, wheezing, or vomiting. Millions of people have allergies.
Our Allergy Department evaluates and treats asthma and allergies in patients six years of age and older. Through a wide range of services, including diagnostic testing, education, and immunotherapy, we provide you with the tools you need to control allergies and asthma.
- Immunotherapy Clinic for inhalant allergies and stinging insect hypersensitivity (walk-in basis)
- Specialized immunologic studies
- Nasal and sputum stains
- Skin test for immediate hypersensitivity reactions
- Asthma and allergic rhinitis
- Evaluation of suspected immunodeficiencies and recurrent infections
- Food allergies
- Hereditary and acquired angioedema
- Latex allergy
- Stinging insect hypersensitivity
- Suspected allergic reactions to drugs